Lack of sleep, stress, heated seats. What kills the potency?
A man who has problems with potency usually goes not to the doctor, but to the pharmacy and immediately asks for something "stronger and more effective". What is his disappointment when the "armor-piercing" medicine does not help. Why pharmacological drugs often have no effect and can raise the potency without the help of medications?
Says the chief researcher of the Institute of reproductive medicine SMRC endocrinology, Ministry of health of Russia, doctor of medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of endocrinology of the Institute of higher and additional professional education of the novel Rozhivanov:
It is no coincidence that most of these drugs are sold strictly on prescription. This therapy has not only contraindications, but also a limited effect. For example, they "don't work" in men who have a testosterone deficiency. Therefore, taking them in the presence of hormonal deficiency is pointless. In order for the drug to improve potency to show its strength, you first need to eliminate the hormonal imbalance.How do I do this?
The simplest thing is to use the same medications. However, doctors resort to pharmacology only if the patient suffers from irreversible hypogonadism. In this case, he is prescribed androgen replacement therapy.
Other men are recommended to eliminate negative factors that "kill" potency. These include
- Sleep problems. All hormones are produced in accordance with the circadian rhythm. If a person violates the rhythms of sleep, the production of hormones is also disrupted.
- Stress. From the point of view of evolution, sexual function is necessary primarily for reproduction and subsequent survival of offspring. Since the offspring can only survive in a favorable environment, in an unfavorable environment, the body does not make sense to spend energy on its own reproduction. Therefore, stress suppresses both attraction and the production of sex hormones.
- Obesity. If you are overweight, additional adipose tissue is formed, which also gives a pathological synthesis of hormones and thereby suppresses the synthesis of necessary ones.
- Intoxication (poisoning) of any origin. Foreign chemicals affect the receptors and also disrupt the regulation of hormones.
- Age. All men after 30 years of age normally begin involution of the reproductive system — from this age, the level of testosterone gradually decreases. The age of problems depends on the peak of hormones in a man during puberty and the rate of decrease in testosterone levels, which depends on the lifestyle.
If a man has obesity and hypodynamia, then hypogonadism (testosterone deficiency) can come as early as 30 years. If you do not have any risk factors at all, you may not be able to approach this condition by the age of 80.
- The administration of steroid drugs. The formulas of the main anabolics are very similar in structure to natural steroid hormones, and, accordingly, they are recognized by the pituitary and hypothalamus. And since the regulator believes that there is an overabundance of them in the body, it gives the command to turn off the production of its own hormones.
The administration of steroid drugs. The formulas of the main anabolics are very similar in structure to natural steroid hormones, and, accordingly, they are recognized by the pituitary and hypothalamus. And since the regulator believes that there is an overabundance of them in the body, it gives the command to turn off the production of its own hormones.
If we talk not only about testosterone, but also about the production of spermatozoa, their production is also disrupted by hypodynamia, in which blood stagnates in the pelvic organs.7. Overheating of the scrotal organs. The testicles are not just outside the body. For their normal operation, the temperature should be 2-3 degrees lower than the body temperature. If a man wears tight underwear, often uses heated seats or is in a forced position for a long time (which simultaneously gives overheating and hypodynamia), this also negatively affects sexual function.
If we are not talking about an irreversible violation of testicular function (for example, as a result of injury), the prognosis is quite favorable. Lifestyle changes in most cases lead to the complete and unconditional elimination of testosterone deficiency.
By the way, normalization of the production of sex hormones improves not only intimate life. A sufficient level of male sex hormones in the blood makes muscles strong, bones strong and serves as a prevention of obesity.
How can a man suspect that he does not have enough sex hormones?
In most cases, the main symptoms of hormonal insufficiency are a decrease in libido (sexual desire) and erectile dysfunction. But since such symptoms can occur in other diseases, doctors usually recommend taking a test for sex hormones.